ontario regulation 387/18
made under the
Université de l’Ontario français Act, 2017
Made: July 18, 2018
Filed: July 18, 2018
Published on e-Laws: July 18, 2018
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: August 4, 2018
Amending O. Reg. 217/18
(COMPOSITION OF FIRST BOARD AND TRANSITION)
1. (1) Subsection 4 (1) of Ontario Regulation 217/18 is revoked and the following substituted:
(1) The first board shall become the board constituted under section 9 of the Act on the later of,
(a) January 15, 2019; and
(b) the first day on which all of the following conditions have been met, as determined by the Minister:
(i) At least one member of the first board is a person referred to in clause 1 (1) (b) or (d) of this Regulation.
(ii) A resolution has been adopted by the first board declaring that all necessary by-laws have been passed to enable the self-governance of the board.
(iii) A resolution has been adopted by the first board declaring that it has adopted policies to ensure compliance with any directives issued under subsection 10 (1) or 12 (1) of the Broader Public Sector Accountability Act, 2010.
(iv) The first board has a written executive compensation program that complies with Ontario Regulation 304/16 (Executive Compensation Framework) made under the Broader Public Sector Executive Compensation Act, 2014.
(v) The University is designated as an institution for the purposes of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
(vi) The University has a sexual violence policy that complies with the requirements in subsection 17 (3) of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities Act.
(1.1) The Minister shall inform the first board of the day determined under clause (1) (b).
(2) Subsection 4 (2) of the Regulation is amended by striking out the portion before paragraph 1 and substituting the following:
(2) On the day the first board becomes the board constituted under section 9 of the Act, the following rules apply with respect to the members of the board appointed under subsection 1 (3):
2. Section 5 of the Regulation is revoked.
Pris par :
La ministre de la Formation et des Collèges et Universités,
Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities