O. Reg. 101/19: GENERAL
filed May 17, 2019 under Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. O.36Skip to content
ontario regulation 101/19
made under the
Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act
Made: May 17, 2019
Filed: May 17, 2019
Published on e-Laws: May 17, 2019
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 1, 2019
Amending O. Reg. 59/09
1. (1) Subsection 1 (1) of Ontario Regulation 59/09 is revoked and the following substituted:
Additional powers and duties of Chief Inspector
(1) The Chief Inspector of the Society shall,
(a) establish standards for inspectors and agents of the Society in the performance of their functions; and
(b) generally oversee inspectors and agents of the Society in the performance of their functions.
(2) Section 1 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(3) For greater certainty, the Chief Inspector does not have the powers and duties set out in this section in respect of inspectors or agents of an affiliated society who have been appointed by the Society or by the Chief Inspector under subsection 11 (2) of the Act.
2. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
Inspectors or agents of affiliated societies
1.1 (1) An affiliated society may make a written request to the Chief Inspector of the Society to request that one of its employees be appointed as an inspector or agent for the purposes of subsection 11 (2) of the Act.
(2) The written request must include,
(a) a description of the employee’s qualifications to perform the functions of an inspector or agent under the Act; and
(b) a copy of the results of a criminal record check of the employee that was conducted within the previous 12 months.
(3) The Chief Inspector shall make the appointment within 15 business days after receiving the request, subject to subsection (4).
(4) The Chief Inspector may decline to make the appointment if he or she determines that the employee would be incapable of performing the functions of an inspector or agent under the Act and delivers written reasons for the decision to the affiliated society and the employee before the end of the 15-day period.
(5) The Chief Inspector may revoke the appointment of an inspector or agent of an affiliated society who has been appointed by the Society or by the Chief Inspector if the individual ceases to be an employee of the affiliated society or if,
(a) the Chief Inspector determines that the individual is incapable of performing the functions of an inspector or agent under the Act;
(b) the Chief Inspector gives the individual and the affiliated society notice in writing of the proposed revocation;
(c) the individual and the affiliated society are given an opportunity to respond to the proposal, orally or in writing, as they determine; and
(d) the Chief Inspector provides written reasons for the revocation to the individual and to the affiliated society.
(6) For greater certainty, the written requests and written reasons described in this section may be made, delivered or provided in an electronic form.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Pris par :
La solliciteure générale,