O. Reg. 270/19: RURAL OR REMOTE ELECTRICITY RATE PROTECTION
filed August 19, 2019 under Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c. 15, Sched. BSkip to content
ontario regulation 270/19
made under the
Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998
Made: August 16, 2019
Filed: August 19, 2019
Published on e-Laws: August 19, 2019
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: September 7, 2019
Amending O. Reg. 442/01
(RURAL OR REMOTE ELECTRICITY RATE PROTECTION)
1. Section 2 of Ontario Regulation 442/01 is amended by adding the following paragraph:
3.1 Consumers who occupy residential premises in a remote community set out in Schedule 3, if, after the Board receives an application for a licence amendment from Hydro One Remote Communities Inc., the Board has issued an order amending the licence to include that community within its service area.
2. (1) Paragraph 2 of subsection 4 (2.1) of the Regulation is amended by adding “and each remote community listed in Schedule 3” at the end.
(2) Paragraph 3 of subsection 4 (4) of the Regulation is amended by revoking “paragraphs 4 and 5” and substituting “paragraphs 3.1, 4 and 5”.
3. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
IESO to receive amounts distributed to it by trust
4.1 The IESO shall receive amounts distributed to it by the trust established under the trust agreement entered into on July 3, 2019 between the Government of Canada, as represented by the Minister of Finance and the Minister of Indigenous Services, the Government of Ontario, as represented by the Minister of Energy, Northern Development and Mines, and the trustee referred to in the agreement, and shall do so in accordance with the terms of the agreement.
4. (1) Section 5 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(1.1) For the purposes of subsection (1), the Board shall take into consideration any amounts received by the IESO under section 4.1.
(2) Subsection 5 (9) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(9) The IESO shall establish a variance account that records the following:
1. Differences between the amounts collected by the IESO under subsection (5) and the sum of the amount paid under clause (7) (b) and any amounts used for the purposes of subsection (8).
2. Any amounts received by the IESO under section 4.1.
5. Schedule 1 to the Regulation is amended by striking out “Kaschechewan” and substituting “Kashechewan”.
6. Schedule 2 to the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
1. Bearskin Lake First Nation.
2. Deer Lake First Nation.
3. Kasabonika Lake First Nation.
4. Kingfisher Lake First Nation.
5. Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug.
6. Marten Falls First Nation.
7. Neskantaga First Nation.
8. North Caribou Lake First Nation.
9. Pikangikum First Nation.
10. Sachigo Lake First Nation.
11. Sandy Lake First Nation.
12. Wapekeka First Nation.
13. Webequie First Nation.
1. Keewaywin First Nation.
2. Muskrat Dam First Nation.
3. North Spirit Lake First Nation.
4. Poplar Hill First Nation.
5. Wawakapewin First Nation.
6. Wunnumin Lake First Nation.