O. Reg. 418/19: GENERAL
filed December 9, 2019 under Vital Statistics Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. V.4Skip to content
ontario regulation 418/19
made under the
Vital Statistics Act
Made: November 28, 2019
Filed: December 9, 2019
Published on e-Laws: December 10, 2019
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 28, 2019
Amending Reg. 1094 of R.R.O. 1990
1. Regulation 1094 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding the following section:
48. (1) Where, under subsection 2 (3) of the Declarations of Death Act, 2002, an order has been obtained declaring that an individual has died after disappearing in circumstances of peril, and where the death took place in or is presumed to have taken place in Ontario, the Registrar General may register the person’s death upon receiving,
(a) a certified copy of the order; and
(b) a statement of death that complies with subsection (2).
(2) For the purposes of this section, one of the following shall make and certify a statement of death in the form approved by the Registrar General:
1. The nearest relative of the deceased.
2. Any relative of the deceased, where the nearest relative is unable or unwilling to make and certify the statement.
3. Any person having adequate knowledge of the deceased, if no person described in paragraph 1 or 2 is able and willing to make and certify the statement. For greater certainty, the Registrar General may make and certify a statement under this paragraph.
(3) Before registering a death under this section, the Registrar General must be satisfied that enough information has been received to justify the registration, including the date of birth of the deceased and the information described in subsection 43 (2) of the Act, and that the information is correct.