O. Reg. 426/19: GENERAL
filed December 12, 2019 under Cannabis Licence Act, 2018, S.O. 2018, c. 12, Sched. 2Skip to content
ontario regulation 426/19
made under the
Cannabis Licence Act, 2018
Made: December 12, 2019
Filed: December 12, 2019
Published on e-Laws: December 12, 2019
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 28, 2019
Amending O. Reg. 468/18
1. Clause 2 (1) (c) of Ontario Regulation 468/18 is amended by striking out “9.9” and substituting “25”.
2. Section 7 of the Regulation is amended by striking out “9.9” and substituting “25”.
3. Section 8.1 of the Regulation and the heading immediately before it are revoked.
4. (1) Sections 8.2 and 8.3 of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
Restriction on applications for retail store authorizations
8.2 Despite subsection 4 (1) of the Act, only the following persons may apply to the Registrar for a retail store authorization to operate a proposed cannabis retail store:
1. A person who, before the day subsection 4 (1) of Ontario Regulation 426/19 came into force, was notified by the Registrar, in accordance with this section as it read immediately before that day, that the person may apply for a retail operator licence.
2. A person described in clause 8.1 (3.1) (b).
(2) Section 8.2 of the Regulation, as remade by subsection (1), is revoked.
5. Section 9 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(2) Clause (1) (a) does not apply with respect to automated teller machines (ATMs) to be located in the retail space.
6. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
Maximum permissible authorizations
12. (1) The Registrar shall refuse to issue a retail store authorization if, at the time the authorization would otherwise be issued, the applicant already holds, or the applicant and its affiliates between them already hold, the number of retail store authorizations set out in subsection (2).
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1), the number of retail store authorizations is,
(a) before September 1, 2020, 10 authorizations;
(b) on or after September 1, 2020 and before September 1, 2021, 30 authorizations; and
(c) on or after September 1, 2021, 75 authorizations.
7. Section 18 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following paragraph:
3. Any item other than a cannabis accessory that relates in some direct way to cannabis or its use, such as an item that depicts cannabis or its use or that is wholly or partly cannabis-themed, but not including any food or drink that is not cannabis.
O. Reg. 497/18
8. Subsection 2 (2) of Ontario Regulation 497/18 is revoked.
9. (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), this Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
(2) Subsection 4 (1) comes into force on the later of January 6, 2020 and the day this Regulation is filed.