O. Reg. 675/21: GENERAL
filed September 24, 2021 under Prohibiting Profiting from Recounting Crimes Act, 2002, S.O. 2002, c. 2Skip to content
ontario regulation 675/21
made under the
Prohibiting Profiting from Recounting Crimes Act, 2002
Made: September 23, 2021
Filed: September 24, 2021
Published on e-Laws: September 24, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: October 9, 2021
Amending O. Reg. 235/03
1. Paragraphs 3 to 7 of section 5 of Ontario Regulation 235/03 are revoked and the following substituted:
3. Legal expenses may only be for lawyers’ fees, fees for services of law clerks, articling students and investigators, disbursements and costs for travel time.
4. Except as provided by paragraph 5, the legal expenses shall be calculated as if the expenses were reimbursable under the Legal Aid Services Act, 2020, subject to such modifications that may be required in the circumstances.
5. The legal expenses for lawyers’ fees and fees for services of law clerks, articling students and investigators shall be calculated based on a number of hours worked that the court finds to be reasonable.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of the day section 50 of Schedule 15 (Legal Aid Services Act, 2020) to the Smarter and Stronger Justice Act, 2020 comes into force and the day this Regulation is filed.