O. Reg. 786/21: CONSENT APPLICATIONS
filed November 25, 2021 under Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13Skip to content
ontario regulation 786/21
made under the
Made: November 23, 2021
Filed: November 25, 2021
Published on e-Laws: November 25, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 11, 2021
Amending O. Reg. 197/96
1. (1) Section 1 of Schedule 1 to Ontario Regulation 197/96 is amended by striking out “the owner or the chargee” wherever it appears and substituting in each case “the owner, the chargee or the purchaser”.
(2) Schedule 1 to the Regulation is amended by adding the following sections:
14.1 Whether the application includes a request referred to in clause 53 (42.1) (a) of the Act.
14.2 If the answer to section 14.1 is yes, a statement from an Ontario solicitor in good standing that there is no land abutting the subject land that is owned by the owner of the subject land other than land that could be conveyed without contravening section 50 of the Act.
(3) Section 18 of Schedule 1 to the Regulation is amended by striking out “the owner or the chargee” wherever it appears and substituting in each case “the owner, the chargee or the purchaser.”
(4) Schedule 1 to the Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
18.1 If the applicant is the purchaser or the purchaser’s agent, a copy of the portion of the agreement of purchase and sale that authorizes the purchaser to make the application in respect of the land that is the subject of the application.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of the day subsection 4 (1) of Schedule 24 to the Supporting Recovery and Competitiveness Act, 2021 comes into force and the day this Regulation is filed.
Le ministre des Affaires municipales et du Logement,
Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing