O. Reg. 791/21: DEFINITIONS AND EXEMPTIONS
filed November 25, 2021 under Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c. 15, Sched. BSkip to content
ontario regulation 791/21
made under the
Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998
Made: July 29, 2021
Filed: November 25, 2021
Published on e-Laws: November 26, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 11, 2021
Amending O. Reg. 161/99
(DEFINITIONS AND EXEMPTIONS)
1. Ontario Regulation 161/99 is amended by adding the following section:
4.4 (1) Despite subsection 71 (1) of the Act, Hydro One Networks Inc. may carry on the business activities described in this section.
(2) Subject to subsections (3) and (4), Hydro One Networks Inc. may carry on business activities related to the design, construction, financing, operation and maintenance of backhaul network infrastructure.
(3) The business activities referred to in subsection (2) are restricted to those that enable Hydro One Networks Inc. to facilitate the provision of telecommunications services on the applicable property by a person or entity other than Hydro One Networks Inc.
(4) The business activities referred to in subsection (2) may be carried out in respect of assets or infrastructure located outside of the applicable property so long as the assets or infrastructure are used for the purpose described in subsection (3).
(5) In this section,
“applicable property” means land that,
(a) is within the Municipality of Brighton, or
(b) is contiguous with other land within the Municipality of Brighton that is owned, in whole or in part, by the same person; (“propriété concernée”)
“backhaul network infrastructure” means infrastructure that enables the transfer of data signals between a core internet network and a telecommunications service provider’s internet subnetwork or base station; (“infrastructure de réseau d’amenée”)
“telecommunications service” and “telecommunications service provider” have the same meaning as in the Telecommunications Act (Canada). (“service de télécommunication”, “fournisseur de services de télécommunication”)
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.