O. Reg. 39/23: CLEAN ENERGY CREDITS
filed March 13, 2023 under Electricity Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c. 15, Sched. ASkip to content
ontario regulation 39/23
made under the
Electricity Act, 1998
Made: December 12, 2022
Filed: March 13, 2023
Published on e-Laws: March 13, 2023
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: April 1, 2023
Clean Energy Credits
1. The following energy sources are specified for the purposes of the definition of “environmental attributes” in section 25.11 of the Act:
7 . Wind.
Requirements to make environmental attributes available for transfer
2. (1) The IESO shall, in every year, make available for transfer the environmental attributes owned by it that are associated with at least one megawatt-hour of electricity generated from one or more of the energy sources listed in section 1.
(2) Ontario Power Generation Inc. shall, in every year, make available for transfer the environmental attributes owned by it that are associated with at least one megawatt-hour of electricity generated from one or more of the energy sources listed in section 1.
Restrictions on transfer
3. (1) For the purposes of subclause 25.16 (1) (b) (i) of the Act, the environmental attributes must have been generated in the calendar year to which the applicable transfer deadline applies.
(2) In subsection (1), the applicable transfer deadline is the applicable time specified by the registry rules under subsection 25.16 (2) of the Act.
(3) For the purposes of subclause 25.16 (1) (b) (iii) of the Act, the electricity must have been consumed in the same calendar year in which the environmental attributes were generated.
(4) For the purposes of subclause 25.16 (1) (b) (v) of the Act, a transferor shall not transfer environmental attributes associated with electricity that was generated from a generation facility that was not connected to the IESO-controlled grid or to a distributor’s distribution system.
Transition, application to previously-generated environmental attributes
4. Part II.1 of the Act applies with respect to the transfer of environmental attributes generated on or after January 1, 2023 and before the day this Regulation came into force.
5. This Regulation comes into force on the later of the day section 3 of Schedule 1 to the Progress on the Plan to Build Act (Budget Measures), 2022 comes into force and the day this Regulation is filed.
Pris par :
Le ministre de l'Énergie,
Minister of Energy
Date made: December 12, 2022
Pris le : 12 décembre 2022