O. Reg. 96/23: GENERAL
filed May 15, 2023 under Nursing Act, 1991, S.O. 1991, c. 32Skip to content
ontario regulation 96/23
made under the
Nursing Act, 1991
Made: March 15, 2023
Approved: May 11, 2023
Filed: May 15, 2023
Published on e-Laws: May 15, 2023
Published in The Ontario Gazette: June 3, 2023
Amending O. Reg. 275/94
1. (1) Paragraph 1 of subsection 15.1 (2) of Ontario Regulation 275/94 is revoked and the following substituted:
1. With respect to the care of a wound below the dermis or below a mucous membrane, any of the following procedures:
1.1 Venipuncture to establish peripheral intravenous access and maintain patency, using a solution of normal saline (0.9 per cent), in circumstances in which,
i. the individual requires medical attention, and
ii. delaying venipuncture is likely to be harmful to the individual.
(2) Paragraphs 3 and 4 of subsection 15.1 (2) of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
3. A procedure that, for the purpose of assessing an individual or assisting an individual with health management activities, requires putting an instrument or finger,
i. beyond the individual’s anal verge, or
ii. into an artificial opening into the individual’s body.
4. A procedure that, for the purpose of assessing an individual or assisting an individual with health management activities, requires putting an instrument, hand or finger beyond the individual’s labia majora.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of July 1, 2023 and the day this Regulation is filed.
Council of the College of Nurses of Ontario:
Le Conseil de l’Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers de l’Ontario :
Council President / Présidente du conseil
Executive Director and CEO/Présidente et directrice générale de l’OIIO
Date made: March 15, 2023
Pris le : 15 mars 2023