Airports Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. A.15Skip to content
|current||January 1, 2003 – (e-Laws currency date)|
R.S.O. 1990, Chapter A.15
Consolidation Period: From January 1, 2003 to the e-Laws currency date.
Last amendment: 2002, c. 17, Sched. F, Table.
Legislative History: 2002, c. 17, Sched. F, Table.
1. In this Act,
“Minister” means the Minister of Transportation. R.S.O. 1990, c. A.15, s. 1; 2002, c. 17, Sched. F, Table.
Section Amendments with date in force (d/m/y)
2002, c. 17, Sched. F, Table - 01/01/2003
Authorization for agreements and provision of funds
2. (1) The Crown in right of Ontario, represented by the Minister, may enter into agreements with the Government of Canada, any municipality, corporation or individual, or any one or more of them, with respect to any matter in relation to the acquisition, establishment, extension, improvement, construction, operation or maintenance of airports to serve any one or more areas in Ontario, and the Minister may provide funds to the municipality, corporation or individual for such purposes. R.S.O. 1990, c. A.15, s. 2 (1).
Municipalities authorized to enter into agreements
(2) Any municipality may enter into agreements under subsection (1). R.S.O. 1990, c. A.15, s. 2 (2).
Power of Minister to establish airports
3. (1) The Minister may acquire, establish, construct, operate and maintain airports and landing grounds to serve any one or more areas in Ontario. R.S.O. 1990, c. A.15, s. 3 (1).
Leasing of airport facilities
(2) The Minister may set apart any part of an airport or landing ground under the Minister’s jurisdiction and control, or any building, premises or structure thereon, or any part thereof, for a limited use and may lease the same at such rental and upon such terms and conditions as the Minister considers proper. R.S.O. 1990, c. A.15, s. 3 (2).
(3) A lease under subsection (2) for a term of twenty-one years or longer is subject to the approval of the Lieutenant Governor in Council. R.S.O. 1990, c. A.15, s. 3 (3).