How do I apply for a legal name change?

You can download the Application to Change an Adult’s Name, fill it out, then mail in the completed form and required documents to ServiceOntario at:

Office of the Registrar General
PO Box 3000
189 Red River Rd, 3rd Flr
Thunder Bay, ON  P7B 5W0

If you are unable to download the form, you can request to have the form mailed to you. Please contact ServiceOntario at 1-800-461-2156 or 416-325-8305.

Updated: September 12, 2014