Apples add freshness to this buttery-maple cake, topped with a maple drizzle. Serve for a delectable dessert or brunch treat.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 3 Ontario Eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Ontario Milk
- 1-3/4 cups (425 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced unpeeled Ontario Apples, such as Cortland or Crispin
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) icing sugar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp (10 mL) water
Grease 9- x 5-inch (2 L) metal loaf pan; line bottom and long sides with parchment paper, leaving overhang; set aside.
In large bowl, using electric mixer, on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Whisk in eggs one at a time; whisk in maple syrup and milk.
In separate large bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, baking powder and nutmeg. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in apples. Scrape batter into loaf pan. Bake in 325°F (160°C) oven for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes. Turn out onto rack.
Maple Glaze: In medium bowl, whisk together icing sugar, maple syrup and water. Drizzle over top of cake.
- Protein: 5 grams
- Fat: 11 grams
- Carbohydrate: 56 grams
- Calories: 341
- Fibre: 1 gram
- Sodium: 90 mg