For an easy summer meal, plan ahead. When grilling steak and corn for dinner, add extra of each to prepare this tasty pizza for another superb meal.
- 1 12-inch (30 cm) baked whole wheat pizza crust
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) pizza or tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) barbecue sauce
- 6 oz (175 g) cooked Ontario Beef, sliced into bite-size pieces (about 1 cup/250 mL)
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked Ontario Sweet Corn Kernels (1 cob)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) thinly sliced Ontario Red Onion
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded Ontario Havarti Cheese
Place pizza crust on cutting board or baking sheet. In small bowl, combine pizza sauce and barbecue sauce; spread on pizza crust. Top with beef, corn and red onion; sprinkle with cheese. Place pizza directly on lightly greased grill over medium heat 350˚F (180˚C); grill, covered, for 5 minutes on direct heat and grill for another 5 minutes on indirect heat or until cheese melts and crust is lightly browned.
Tip: A serrated knife works perfectly for cutting kernels from the cob of corn.
- Protein: 23.0 grams
- Fat: 15.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 35.0 grams
- Calories: 367
- Fibre: 3.0 grams