Serve these deliciously crunchy nachos at your next family BBQ.
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
- 6 Ontario Tomatoes, cut in half horizontally and seeded
- 1 Ontario Onion, cut in 6 wedges (root end attached)
- 2 Ontario Jalapeño Peppers, halved and seeded
- 5 cloves Ontario Garlic, unpeeled
- 1 Kaiser bun, crumbled
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Ontario Liquid Honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup (250 mL) black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 each Ontario Sweet Green and Yellow Pepper, finely diced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) “steakhouse-style” pepper seasoning mixture
- 1 bag (320 g) nacho chips
- 1 cup (250 mL) each shredded sharp Ontario Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
Brush 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the olive oil over skin side of tomatoes, onion, jalapeños and garlic. Place all on grill tray, tomatoes skin side down (without turning) over medium heat until blackened; turning over remaining vegetables until evenly cooked. Peel garlic and jalapeños. In food processor, coarsely chop together barbecued vegetables, kaiser bun, honey and vinegar. Set aside.
In small bowl, combine olives, sweet peppers and pepper seasoning mixture.
Brush remaining oil over foil lined broiler tray that fits in barbecue. Arrange single layer of chips over bottom of tray. Cover evenly with one-third each cheese, pepper mixture then tomato sauce. Repeat layers of chips and toppings twice.
- Protein: 17 grams
- Fat: 38 grams
- Carbohydrates: 60 grams
- Calories: 639
- Fibre: 5 grams