Just mix and chill, then within hours, these marinated mushrooms will make a wonderful side dish to your evening meal.
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp (50 mL) lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) dried basil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 lb (500 g) Ontario White Mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium Ontario Carrot, shredded
In large nonmetallic bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper. Stir in mushrooms and carrot. Cover and chill several hours, stirring occasionally.
Tip: If you have any leftovers, use them as is in a stir-fry.
- Protein: 2.0 grams
- Fat: 12.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 6.0 grams
- Calories: 140