This spicy-sweet appetizer can be served with any flavoured mayonnaise. For a variation, try these potatoes as a side dish without the dip. Chili garlic sauce is available in the Asian section at your local grocery store.
- 3 small Ontario Sweet Potatoes (unpeeled)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili garlic sauce or chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grainy or Dijon mustard
Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; cut each half into 4 to 6 "fingers". Place in large bowl and toss with oil and Cajun seasoning to coat evenly. Bake on baking sheet in 400 F (200 C) oven for 30 to 35 minutes, turning once, or until tender and beginning to brown.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, chili garlic sauce and mustard. Serve as dip for potato "fingers".
1 Sweet Potato Finger with dip (when recipe makes 36 "fingers"):
- Protein: trace
- Fat: 1.0 grams
- Carbohydrate: 3.0 grams
- Calories: 23