These appetizers are simple to make and fully deliver on flavour. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Baking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 sheet (225 g) frozen butter puff pastry, thawed
- 1 Ontario Yellow Fleshed Potato
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Rosemary Leaves
- 1 clove Ontario Garlic, pressed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Ontario Aged Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) diced Ontario Shallot
- 35 g sliced Ontario Prosciutto
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled Ontario Feta Cheese
Garnish: fresh Ontario Rosemary Leaves and crushed red pepper flakes
Unroll puff pastry sheet, leaving pastry on parchment paper. If necessary roll pastry into 10-inch (25 cm) square; cut into 16 pieces. Using parchment, transfer pastry to baking sheet; separate pieces. Cover with tea towel and refrigerate.
Slice potato lengthwise into quarters; slice thinly crosswise (about 1 cup/250 mL). Place in small bowl. Add oil, chopped rosemary, garlic and salt and pepper to taste; toss to coat. Remove pastry from refrigerator. Evenly sprinkle Cheddar on each square; arrange potato slices on top and scatter shallot. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 20 minutes.
Tear prosciutto into bite-size pieces (about 1/2 cup/125 mL). Remove baking sheet from oven. Evenly sprinkle feta on squares; top with prosciutto. Bake for 5 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with rosemary and red pepper flakes.
- Protein: 4 grams
- Fat: 8 grams
- Carbohydrate: 10 grams
- Calories: 129
- Fibre: 1 gram
- Sodium: 190 mg