This fun recipe combines two classic dishes into one.
Cooling Time: 10 minutes, Baking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) each thinly sliced Ontario Carrots and Red Onion
- 1-1/2 cup (375 mL) sliced Ontario White Button Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Ontario Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Ontario Extra Old Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme leaves
- Salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 prepared pizza dough (500 g)
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded cooked Ontario Chicken
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) frozen Ontario Peas
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Parsley Leaves
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add carrots and onion; cook, stirring occasionally for 7 minutes or until softened. Stir in mushrooms; cook 2 minutes. In glass measure, whisk flour into broth; stir into skillet. Bring to simmer, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in half each of the cheese. Stir in thyme, season to taste with salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Transfer to medium bowl; refrigerate for 10 minutes.
On floured surface, roll out dough to 12-inch (30 cm) circle; place on lightly greased
12-inch (30 cm) pizza pan. Evenly spread vegetable sauce; top with chicken, peas and remaining cheeses. Bake on bottom rack in 500°F (260°C) oven, until crust is golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
Tip: If you don’t have a pizza pan, roll dough into 16- x 10-inch (40 x 25 cm) oblong. Place on greased baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden.
1 Serving (When recipe serves 6):
Protein: 18 grams
Fat: 11 grams
Carbohydrate: 44 grams
Fibre: 3 grams
Sodium: 485 mg