For a relaxing dinner serve a large platter of tender grilled Ontario beef and an assortment of farm-fresh vegetables. If you like, grill Ontario sweet corn and peppers along with the steak. Celebrate family, summer and good food. Enjoy!
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless Ontario Beef Top Sirloin or other grilling steak, 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick
- 1 lb (500 g) small Ontario Potatoes, scrubbed
- 8 oz (250 g) Ontario Green Beans, trimmed
- 2 Ontario Tomatoes, any colour, cut into wedges
- 2 Ontario Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups (1 L) torn mixed Ontario Salad greens
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Thyme
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Ontario liquid Honey
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each coarse salt and ground pepper
Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, 2 tsp (10 mL) of the thyme, mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Remove 2 tsp (10 mL) and brush one side of the steak with half. Place steak, dressing side down on greased grill over medium-high heat. Brush with remaining half of removed dressing; close lid and grill, turning once, until medium-rare, about 8 minutes, or until desired doneness. Transfer to cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain.
Meanwhile, in large pot of lightly salted water, bring potatoes to boil; cook until just-tender, about 10 minutes. Add green beans; cook for 5 minutes or until beans are tender. Drain vegetables and run under cold water; drain well.
Cut potatoes into quarters or halves (depending on size); arrange in section on large platter. Fill rest of platter with sections of beef, beans, tomatoes, onions and lettuce. Sprinkle with remaining dressing and with thyme; toss gently to coat.
Tips: Use Ontario baby salad greens and try sliced Ontario red onion.
Fresh herbs add a burst of flavor. If you like, sprinkle with additional tiny pieces of whole thyme leaves.
- Protein: 30 grams
- Fat: 18 grams
- Carbohydrate: 33 grams
- Calories: 420
- Fibre: 5 grams
- Sodium: 300 mg