A lightened version of a frozen mousse, this beautiful make-ahead company dessert celebrates Ontario Peaches and their happy companions, Ontario Blueberries.
Freezing Time: 8 hours
- 2 cups (500 mL) low-fat yogurt
- 2 cups (500 mL) Ontario Blueberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) amaretto liqueur or peach schnapps
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) cornstarch
- 4 Ontario Peaches
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream, whipped
Place yogurt in cheesecloth-lined sieve set over bowl; set aside.
Purée blueberries and simmer with 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the sugar for 5 minutes. Stir in amaretto. Stir cornstarch with 1 tbsp (15 mL) cold water; stir into blueberries. Boil, stirring, for 1 minute; let cool to room temperature.
Peel and purée peaches with lemon juice and remaining sugar; transfer to large bowl. Fold in whipped cream and drained yogurt; pour into 8-inch (2 L) springform pan. Spoon blueberry mixture decoratively over mousse; draw knife through mousse and blueberries to form swirls. Cover and freeze at least 8 hours and up to 3 days. If frozen more than 8 hours, remove to refrigerator 30 minutes before serving in wedges.
Nutrients per serving
When recipes serves 12:
- Protein: 3.0 grams
- Fat: 8.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 30.0 grams
- Calories: 204