Quick and easy, this dessert highlights juicy, sweet Ontario berries. For a dinner party, serve in stemmed glasses. The vanilla cream can also be served as a dip with seasonal fruits.
Cooking Time: 1-1/2 minutes
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped Ontario Strawberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) Ontario Blueberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) Ontario Raspberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped pitted Ontario Sweet Cherries
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated orange rind
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) light sour cream (5% M.F.)
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (small)
- 4 stemmed Ontario Sweet Cherries
In small bowl, combine strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cherries and orange rind.
In small bowl, stir together sour cream, brown sugar and vanilla until sugar dissolves.
Lightly brush one side of tortilla with water; sprinkle with cinnamon to taste. Cut into eight wedges. Place on paper towel-lined microwaveable plate; microwave on High for 1 minute and 30 seconds or until crisp.
In 4 dessert glasses, layer fruit salsa and vanilla cream, repeating once. Serve with cinnamon wedges and garnish with stemmed cherry.
Variation: Add 1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted coconut to the vanilla cream.
- PROTEIN: 5 grams
- FAT: 4 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 30 grams
- CALORIES: 170
- HIGH SOURCE OF FIBRE