Veal chops are tender and usually thinly cut, so they grill quickly. Make this colourful, tasty ‘sauce’ before grilling the chops.
Grilling time: 30
- 1 Ontario Sweet Red Pepper
- 1 Ontario Sweet Yellow Pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 1 Ontario Shallot, diced
- 1 clove Ontario Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Pinch each pepper and cayenne
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) torn fresh Ontario Basil Leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each crumbled dried rosemary leaves, salt and pepper
- 4 Ontario Veal Rib or Loin Chops
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive or vegetable oil
Cut red and yellow peppers into quarters, removing stems and seeds. Place on grill over medium heat; grill covered until softened and lightly charred, 15 to 20 minutes.
In medium microwavable bowl, combine 2 tbsp (25 mL) of oil, shallot and garlic; microwave, uncovered, at High for 30 to 60 seconds to soften. When peppers are cool enough to handle, remove most of the skin; chop and add to shallot mixture. Stir in vinegar, salt, pepper, cayenne and basil.
Combine thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper; rub onto veal chops. Brush chops with oil. Grill covered over medium-high heat to desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Let stand a few minutes. Serve with pepper sauce.
- PROTEIN: 34 grams
- FAT: 15 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 10 grams
- CALORIES: 310
- FIBRE: 2 grams
- SODIUM: 530 mg