This simple idea is a classic favourite in any authentic Italian restaurant.
- 12 oz (375 g) linguine
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 medium Ontario Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- 6 medium Ontario Tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh basil or 2 tsp (10 ml) dried
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh parsley
Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain well and stir in cheese and butter.
While linguine is cooking, heat oil in medium-size frying pan. Sauté onion and garlic over medium heat until tender. Stir in tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper; heat through, about 3 minutes.
Spoon linguine onto serving plates and top with tomato sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrients per serving
- Protein: 16.0 grams
- Fat: 14.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 83.0 grams
- Calories: 252