One of the nicest ways to enjoy fresh asparagus is grilled. Layer it on a toasted bun with grilled chicken, Brie, red pepper and salad greens.
Grilling Time: 10 to 15 minutes
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano leaves
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 boneless skinless Ontario Chicken Breasts
- 12 Ontario Asparagus Spears
- 1 large Ontario Greenhouse Sweet Red Pepper, quartered
- 2 crusty buns (such as ciabattas)
- 2 cups (500 mL) mixed Ontario Salad Greens or Baby Spinach Leaves
- 4 oz (125 g) Ontario Brie Cheese, sliced
In small bowl, combine oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper; divide in half. To one half, stir in vinegar. Set aside.
Holding knife blade horizontally, cut chicken breasts in half to make 4 pieces. Brush with some of the oil mixture. Trim asparagus to length of buns. Toss asparagus with some of the oil mixture.
Slice buns horizontally and place on grill over medium heat; grill until toasted, about 2 minutes. Set aside. Add chicken, asparagus and red pepper to grill; grill over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 10 to 13 minutes, removing as they are done.
Toss greens with vinegar mixture.
To assemble sandwiches, place greens on bun half. Top with chicken, Brie, asparagus and red pepper.
Tip: For easy slicing freeze Brie for 15 minutes or until firm.
- PROTEIN: 26 grams
- FAT: 21 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 36 grams
- CALORIES: 442
- FIBRE: 3 grams
- SODIUM: 590 mg