Slices of tender pork filled with pear, prosciutto, herb and Asiago filling, drizzled with a delectable red wine sauce, is perfect for entertaining.
Baking Time: 40 minutes
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) diced Ontario Shallots
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced peeled Ontario Pears
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Rosemary Leaves (or 1 tsp/5 mL dried)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh Ontario Thyme Leaves (or 1/2 tsp/2 mL dried)
- 1 large clove Ontario Garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely shredded Ontario Asiago Cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Ontario Pork Tenderloins (about 1-1/2 lbs/750 g each)
- 8 thin slices Ontario Prosciutto (about 4 oz/125 g)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Ontario Red Wine (such as Pinot Noir)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
In large skillet, heat 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the oil over medium heat. Add shallots and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in pears, rosemary, thyme and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes; transfer to medium bowl. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Cut tenderloins almost through lengthwise; open like a book. Cover with plastic wrap and pound to 1/2-inch (1 cm) thickness. Lay 2 prosciutto slices lengthwise on each side of tenderloin, overlapping slightly in the middle. Spoon half of the reserved filling down centre of each. Fold prosciutto over filling to enclose filling. Fold tenderloin over prosciutto to enclose. Tie with strings at 1-1/2-inch (4 cm) intervals.
Place seam side up in large roasting pan. Brush with remaining oil. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 40 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted in centre reads 160°F (71°C). Remove to platter. Tent with foil; let stand for 10 minutes. Remove and discard string. Slice into 3/4-inch (2 cm) slices.
Transfer pan drippings to medium saucepan. Whisk in flour; cook for 1 minute over medium heat. Whisk in broth and wine; stir for 3 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot, drizzled over sliced tenderloins.
- PROTEIN: 59 grams
- FAT: 24 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 13 grams
- CALORIES: 520
- FIBRE: 2 grams
- SODIUM: 930 mg