This is a satisfying and good for you, meal-in-a-bowl. Serve with a spoon and fork.
- 2 boneless Ontario Pork Loin Centre Chops (250 g)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 carton (900 mL) sodium-free chicken broth
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced Ontario Crimini Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated fresh gingerroot
- 3 cloves Ontario Garlic, pressed
- 4 Ontario Baby Bok Choy, quartered lengthwise
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each soy sauce and rice vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each sesame oil and sriracha sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked spaghetti
- 2 cups (500 mL) Ontario Corn Kernels
- 4 soft cooked Ontario Eggs, peeled and halved
- 3 Ontario Green Onions, thinly sliced
- Crushed red pepper flakes
Season pork with salt and pepper. In large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook pork turning once, until hint of pink remains, about 5 minutes. Transfer to cutting board; let rest before thinly slicing.
Add broth, 1/4 cup (50 mL) water, mushrooms, ginger and garlic to pot. Cover, bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; partially cover, simmer for 5 minutes. Increase heat to high. Add bok choy, cook for 2 minutes or until leaves wilt. Remove bok choy; divide among 4 large soup bowls. Stir in hoisin, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and sriracha into pot; cover and bring to boil.
Divide spaghetti, corn, eggs and pork among soup bowls; ladle hot soup. Sprinkle with onions and red pepper flakes.
Tip: For intense mushroom flavour, try shiitake mushrooms and slice only the caps (reserve the stems for broth).
- Protein: 25 grams
- Fat: 14 grams
- Carbohydrate: 41 grams
- Calories: 398
- Fibre: 5 grams
- Sodium: 1010 mg