Dinner will be ready in less than 30 minutes. The bright pink fish is gorgeous mixed with mushrooms and spinach. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes.
Baking Time: 10 minutes
- 4 Ontario Rainbow Trout Fillets (6 oz/175 g)
- 4 tsp (20 mL) grainy Dijon mustard Pepper
- 2 oz (60 g) Ontario Prosciutto, finely chopped (about 2 slices or 1/4 cup/50 mL)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 small Ontario Onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups (750 mL) finely chopped Ontario Button Mushrooms
- 2 cups (500 mL) Ontario Spinach, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) grated Ontario Parmesan Cheese
Pat fillets dry with paper towel. Place skin-side down, on foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Spread 1 tsp (5 mL) mustard on each fillet, season with pepper to taste. Set aside.
In large frying pan, over medium-high heat sauté prosciutto until crisp; remove from pan and set aside.
Add oil to pan; sauté onion and mushrooms over medium-high heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add spinach; cook for 1 minute or until wilted. Divide among fillets, pressing lightly to keep in place; top each with 1 tbsp (15 mL) each Parmesan and prosciutto. Bake in 475°F (240°C) oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with fork.
Protein: 44 grams
Fat: 13 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Fibre: 2 grams