Granola gives a crunchy topping and boost of soluble fibre to these lightly spiced muffins. The rhubarb keeps them moist for several days and they freeze well.
Cooking time : 15 to 18 minutes
- 1-3/4 cup (425 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cup (425 mL) honey almond granola (without raisins)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) nutmeg
- 2 Ontario Eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) 2% Ontario Milk
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Ontario Sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped (1/2-inch/1cm pieces) Ontario Greenhouse Rhubarb or Apple
In medium bowl, mix together flour, 1-1/4 cups (300 mL) of the granola, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg, breaking up any lumps in granola. In large bowl, beat eggs; whisk in milk, oil and vanilla; stir in dry ingredients until almost combined. Stir in rhubarb.
Spoon into well-greased large muffin tins. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup (125 mL) granola over batter; press lightly on top. Bake in 375 F (190 C) oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Protein: 7.0 grams
- Fat: 11.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 46.0 grams
- Calories: 313
- Source of Fibre