Baking Time: 45 to 50 minutes
- 3 cups (750 mL) Ontario Strawberries, hulled
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) amaretto liqueur or 1 tsp (5 mL) almond extract
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) instant dissolving sugar
- 1 pkg (475 g) Ontario Ricotta Cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
- 3 Ontario Eggs
- 1 Ontario Egg, separated
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) unseasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) almond extract
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) toasted sliced almonds
- Icing sugar
Generously butter and coat an 8-inch (20 cm/2 L) soufflé dish with sugar, shaking out excess sugar.
Halve large strawberries. In large bowl toss strawberries with liqueur and instant dissolving sugar; cover and chill.
In medium bowl, using electric mixer, on medium speed, beat together ricotta cheese, sugar, eggs, egg yolk, bread crumbs, flour and almond extract until thoroughly blended.
In another bowl, using electric mixer with clean beaters, beat remaining egg white on high speed until firm peaks form; fold into cheese mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared dish.
Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until lightly browned and edge begins to pull away from dish. Cool on wire rack for 3 minutes. Loosen edge with knife and invert onto large serving plate. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and dust with icing sugar. Surround soufflé with prepared strawberries.
Instant dissolving sugar (very fine granulated sugar) is also called super fine sugar, berry or fruit sugar.
- Protein: 12 grams
- Fat: 10 grams
- Carbohydrate: 28 grams
- Calories: 258
- Fibre: 2 grams
- Sodium: 135 mg