Cook the ingredients for this impressive and tasty salad ahead of time and assemble before serving.
Baking Time: 30 minutes, Marinating Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 lb (500 g) Ontario Asparagus, trimmed
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) Ontario Greenhouse Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pkg (227 g) Ontario White or Crimini Mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried Italian seasoning
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) white balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) Ontario Honey
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) crumbled Ontario Goat Cheese (about 60 g)
Spread asparagus on parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Shake gently to coat.
In medium bowl, toss tomatoes with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil, 1 clove garlic and salt and pepper. Spread over asparagus. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for about 15 minutes, shaking once, or until asparagus is tender and tomatoes slightly shrivelled. Arrange on platter; set aside.
In same bowl, toss mushrooms with 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the oil, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Spread on same baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, tossing once, or until mushrooms release some juices.
In medium bowl, combine remaining oil and garlic, vinegar, honey and salt and pepper. Toss with roasted mushrooms; let marinate for 30 minutes.
Just before serving, top asparagus mixture with mushroom mixture and goat cheese. Serve at room temperature.
1 Serving (When recipe serves 6):
- PROTEIN: 5 grams
- FAT: 16 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 9 grams
- CALORIES: 193
- FIBRE: 2 grams
- SODIUM: 102 mg