This salad is almost a meal in one and it’s so good, you’ll likely make it frequently.
- 2 medium Ontario Beets, unpeeled and scrubbed
- 2 slices Ontario Bacon
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp (10 mL) horseradish
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 8 cups (2 L) lightly packed torn Ontario Spinach
- 1 small unpeeled Ontario Apple, cored and diced
- 1 pkg (113 g) creamy Ontario Goat Cheese, crumbled
Individually wrap each beet in double layer of foil. Roast on baking sheet in 425°F (220°C) oven until tender, about 1 hour. Let cool enough to handle; peel and cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick wedges.
Meanwhile, cook bacon in skillet over medium heat until crisp. Let cool on paper towel; crumble.
Whisk together oil, vinegar, maple syrup, horseradish, salt and pepper. Place spinach in large bowl; toss with bacon, beets and apple. Toss with dressing. Serve sprinkled with crumbled goat cheese.
- Protein: 7.0 grams
- Fat: 14.0 grams
- Carbohydrate: 14.0 grams
- Calories: 201
- Fibre: 2.5 grams