This vegetable side dish, packed with bold flavours, is perfect to serve with Ontario lamb kebabs.
Roasting Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups (500 mL) each cubed Ontario Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato (about 1-inch/2.5 cm)
- 2 cups (500 mL) each diagonally sliced Ontario Carrots and Parsnips (about 1-inch/2.5 cm)
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, slivered
- 1 Ontario Red Onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt, ground ginger, cinnamon, turmeric and paprika
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled Ontario Feta Cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped dried apricots
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped pistachios
In large bowl, toss together squash, sweet potato, carrots, parsnips, garlic, onion and oil.
In small bowl, combine cumin, salt, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, paprika and cayenne. Add to vegetables and toss well to coat thoroughly. Spread in single layer on large parchment paperlined baking sheet. Roast in 425°F (220°C) oven for 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender; stirring halfway through.
Transfer to serving bowl; sprinkle with cheese, apricots and pistachios.
A sharp vegetable peeler works great on removing the skin from the squash.
- Calories: 225
- Protein: 5 grams
- Fat: 9 grams
- Carbohydrate: 33 grams
- Fibre: 6 grams
- Sodium: 400 mg