This classic dish is perfect for your next dinner party - layers of potatoes, onion, cheese and fresh herbs, baked until tender. Comfort and elegance, all in one dish.
Baking Time: 90 minutes
Serves: 8 to 10
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Ontario Smoked Gouda Cheese
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese
- 2 large Ontario Yellow Fleshed Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large Ontario Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped fresh Ontario Thyme Leaves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped fresh Ontario Rosemary Leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large Ontario Sweet Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups (750 mL) 35% Ontario Whipping Cream
In small bowl, stir together Gouda and Parmesan.
Arrange half of the yellow fleshed potatoes in greased 13- x 9-inch (3.5 L) baking dish. Top with one quarter each of the onion, cheese mixture, thyme and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Repeat layers, alternating with the yellow fleshed and sweet potatoes. Pour enough cream over top, stopping just below the rim. (Cream should barely cover the top layer of potatoes.)
Cover with foil; bake in 400°F (200°C) for 1 hour. Uncover; bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
1 Serving (When recipe serves 10)
- Protein: 14 grams
- Fat: 35 grams
- Carbohydrate: 25 grams
- Calories: 465
- Fibre: 3 grams
- Sodium: 440 mg