Baking Time: 50 to 55 minutes
- 3 cups (750 mL) halved or thickly sliced Ontario Strawberries
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces Ontario Rhubarb
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) cornstarch
- 1 Ontario Egg, lightly beaten
- Pastry for 9-inch (23 cm) double-crust pie
In large bowl, combine strawberries and rhubarb. In small bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch; sprinkle
over fruit, tossing gently to blend. Add beaten egg to fruit and mix lightly.
Spoon mixture into bottom crust. Fit pastry over filling. Crimp edges, cut steam vent in centre. Place on baking sheet and bake in 450°F (230°C) oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F (180°C) and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is bubbly.
Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Nutrients per serving
1 serving (When recipe serves 8):
- Protein: 5 grams
- Fat: 13 grams
- Carbohydrate: 48 grams
- Calories: 332
- Fibre: 2 grams
- Sodium: 160 mg