Chewy, soft strawberry cookies are delicious with a glass of milk or sandwiched with strawberries and ice cream. The perfect recipe to get kids in the kitchen.
Baking Time: 13 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 Ontario Egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1-1/3 cups (325 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1 bar (100 g) milk chocolate, coarsely chopped (2/3 cup/150 mL)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) diced Ontario Strawberries
- 2 cups (500 mL) vanilla, strawberry or chocolate ice cream
- 8 Ontario Strawberries
In large bowl, using electric mixer, beat butter with brown and granulated sugars until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch and baking soda; stir with wooden spoon into butter mixture until blended. Stir in chocolate and then diced strawberries.
Scoop dough, by level 1-1/2 tablespoons (22 mL) at least 2-inches (5 cm) apart, onto 2 parchment paper-lined baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven, one sheet at a time, for 13 minutes or until golden around edges and slightly soft in centre. Let cool on sheet on wire rack for 3 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Meanwhile, scoop ice cream into 10 balls, about 3 tbsp (45 mL) per scoop. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Cover with another sheet of parchment paper; with palm of your hand, gently press ice cream down to fit width of cookies. Freeze until solid, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut whole strawberries into slices lengthwise. Place ice cream on flat side of 10 cookies; top with strawberry slices and remaining cookies, flat side down.
1 Serving (When recipe serves 10):
- PROTEIN: 4 grams
- FAT: 16 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 41 grams
- CALORIES: 320
- FIBRE: 1 gram
- SODIUM: 168 mg