O. Reg. 98/02: TEACHER LEARNING PLANSSkip to content
Teacher learning plans
Consolidation Period: From September 1, 2007 to the e-Laws currency date.
Legislative History:, .
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
(2) Sections 277.17 and 277.18 of the Act apply, with necessary modifications, to a duty or power of a principal under this Regulation. O. Reg. 98/02, s. 1 (2).
2. (1) Starting with the school year commencing in 2007, every board shall ensure that every teacher, other than a new teacher, employed by the board has a learning plan each year that includes the teacher’s professional growth objectives, proposed action plan and time lines for achieving those objectives. O. Reg. 97/07, s. 1.
(2) Each year after the first year that a teacher has a learning plan, the teacher shall, in consultation with the appropriate principal,
(a) review the teacher’s learning plan from the previous year, the teacher’s learning and growth over the previous year and the summative report of the teacher’s most recent performance appraisal under Part X.2 of the Act; and
(b) update the teacher’s learning plan for the purposes of the current year, if necessary, taking into account the results of the review under clause (a). O. Reg. 97/07, s. 1.
(3) In an evaluation year for a teacher, the consultation required under subsection (2) must include a meeting between the teacher and the appropriate principal in the course of the teacher’s performance appraisal for the year under Part X.2 of the Act. O. Reg. 97/07, s. 1.
(4) In a year that is not an evaluation year for a teacher, the teacher and the appropriate principal shall meet to discuss the learning plan for the year if either of them requests it. O. Reg. 97/07, s. 1.
(5) The teacher and the appropriate principal shall each sign the teacher’s learning plan for the year and each of them shall retain a copy. O. Reg. 97/07, s. 1.
3. Revoked: O. Reg. 97/07, s. 2.