O. Reg. 172/03: DEFINITIONS OF 'DEFICIENCY' AND 'MUNICIPAL DRINKING WATER SYSTEM'Skip to content
Safe Drinking Water Act, 2002
definitions of “Deficiency” and “Municipal drinking water system”
Historical version for the period December 1, 2008 to June 23, 2019.
Legislative History:, , .
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. A violation of any of the following provisions is prescribed as a deficiency for the purposes of the Act, including the definition of “deficiency” in subsection 2 (1) of the Act, if, in the opinion of the Director, the violation poses a drinking water health hazard:
1. Subsection 18 (1) of the Act.
2. Schedules 1, 2 and 6 to 18 to Ontario Regulation 170/03 (Drinking Water Systems).
3. Revoked: O. Reg. 329/08, s. 1.
4. Section 22 of Ontario Regulation 128/04 (Certification of Drinking Water System Operators and Water Quality Analysts). O. Reg. 172/03, s. 1; O. Reg. 257/05, s. 1; O. Reg. 329/08, s. 1.
“Municipal Drinking Water System”
2. The following class is prescribed for the purposes of clause (d) of the definition of “municipal drinking water system” in subsection 2 (1) of the Act:
1. A drinking water system or part of a drinking water system that serves a major residential development and is established after this Regulation comes into force under an agreement with a municipality pursuant to Part VI of the Planning Act, if the agreement provides that ownership of the system may be transferred to the municipality, a municipal service board established under section 195 of the Municipal Act, 2001 or a corporation established under section 203 of the Municipal Act, 2001. O. Reg. 172/03, s. 2.
3. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of the English version of this Regulation). O. Reg. 172/03, s. 3.