O. Reg. 199/03: CONTROL OF WEST NILE VIRUSSkip to content
Health Protection and Promotion Act
Loi sur la protection et la promotion de la santé
Control of west nile Virus
Consolidation Period: From December 15, 2017 to the e-Laws currency date.
Last amendment: 500/17.
This Regulation is made in English only.
Determination if action required
1. A medical officer of health shall make a determination whether action is required by a municipality to decrease the risk of West Nile Virus to persons either inside or outside the health unit served by the medical officer of health, based upon a local risk assessment. O. Reg. 231/03, s. 1; O. Reg. 322/04, s. 1; O. Reg. 413/06, s. 1; O. Reg. 422/07, s. 1; O. Reg. 229/08, s. 1; O. Reg. 241/09, s. 1.
Notice to municipality
2. (1) Where the medical officer of health has determined that action is required, he or she may give notice to the municipality of the required action. O. Reg. 199/03, s. 2 (1).
(2) In determining required actions under subsection (1), the medical officer of health shall have regard to,
(a) the guidelines published by the Minister under section 7 of the Act; and
(b) the generally accepted practices in the field of public health with regard to decreasing the risk of West Nile virus to persons. O. Reg. 199/03, s. 2 (2); O. Reg. 241/09, s. 2.
3. A municipality shall comply with any requirements set out in the notice. O. Reg. 199/03, s. 3.
What may be required
4. Action required under this Regulation may include, without being limited to,
(a) requirements respecting source reduction measures;
(b) requirements respecting surveillance;
(c) requirements respecting public awareness campaigns about personal protection;
(d) requirements respecting control measures for larviciding and adulticiding; and
(e) requirements respecting the time within which the action shall be taken. O. Reg. 199/03, s. 4; O. Reg. 500/17, s. 1.
Table 1 Revoked: O. Reg. 500/17, s. 2.