O. Reg. 55/18: CODES OF CONDUCT - PRESCRIBED SUBJECT MATTERSSkip to content
|current||March 2, 2018 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Municipal Act, 2001
CODES OF CONDUCT - PRESCRIBED SUBJECT MATTERS
Consolidation Period: From March 2, 2018 to the e-Laws currency date.
Note: THIS REGULATION IS NOT YET IN FORCE. It comes into force on March 1, 2019, the day section 18 of Schedule 1 to the Modernizing Ontario’s Municipal Legislation Act, 2017 comes into force.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
Prescribed subject matters
1. For the purposes of section 223.2 of the Act, the following are the prescribed subject matters that a municipality is required to include in the codes of conduct for members of the council of the municipality and of its local boards:
1. Gifts, benefits and hospitality.
2. Respectful conduct, including conduct toward officers and employees of the municipality or the local board, as the case may be.
3. Confidential information.
4. Use of property of the municipality or of the local board, as the case may be.
2. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).