O. Reg. 52/20: ORDER UNDER SUBSECTION 7.0.2 (4) OF THE ACT - ORGANIZED PUBLIC EVENTS, CERTAIN GATHERINGSSkip to content
Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act
ORDER UNDER SUBSECTION 7.0.2 (4) OF THE ACT - Organized Public Events, CERTAIN gatherings
Note: This Order is revoked on April 13, 2020, unless it is extended. (See s. 7.0.8 of the Act and O. Reg. 106/20, Sched. 1)
Consolidation Period: From March 28, 2020 to the e-Laws currency date.
Last amendment: 99/20.
Legislative History: 99/20.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
WHEREAS an emergency was declared on March 17th, 2020 pursuant to Order in Council 518/2020 (Ontario Regulation 50/20);
AND WHEREAS the criteria set out in subsection 7.0.2 (2) of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act have been satisfied;
NOW THEREFORE, this Order is made pursuant to paragraph 14 of subsection 7.0.2 (4) of the Act, the terms of which are set out in Schedule 1;
AND FURTHER, this Order applies generally throughout Ontario. O. Reg. 52/20; O. Reg. 99/20, s. 2.
Organized Public Events, Certain Gatherings
1. (1) Subject to subsection (3), no person shall attend,
(a) an organized public event of more than five people, including a parade;
(b) a social gathering of more than five people; or
(c) a gathering of more than five people for the purposes of conducting religious services, rites or ceremonies.
(2) For greater certainty, subsection (1) applies to an event or gathering even if it is held at a private dwelling.
(3) Subsection (1) does not apply to the following:
1. A gathering of members of a single household.
2. A gathering for the purposes of a funeral service that is attended by not more than 10 persons. O. Reg. 99/20, s. 3.