O. Reg. 763/20: NON-ENFORCEMENT PERIOD - PRESCRIBED TENANCIES
under Commercial Tenancies Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. L.7Skip to content
|current||December 17, 2020 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Commercial Tenancies Act
NON-ENFORCEMENT PERIOD - PRESCRIBED TENANCIES
Consolidation Period: From December 17, 2020 to the e-Laws currency date.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. (1) The prescribed date for the purposes of clause (a) of the definition of “non-enforcement period” in section 79 of the Act is the 45th day after the day this Regulation comes into force.
(2) The prescribed period for the purposes of clause (b) of the definition of “non-enforcement period” in section 79 of the Act is the period that begins on December 17, 2020 and ends on April 22, 2022.
2. (1) The following criteria are prescribed for the purposes of subsection 80 (2) of the Act:
1. The tenant has been approved to receive the Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy.
2. The tenant has provided proof of the approval referred to in paragraph 1 to their landlord.
3. Not more than 12 weeks have passed since the day the tenant was approved.
(2) For greater certainty, a tenancy may satisfy the criteria in subsection (1) in respect of more than one approval for the Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy.
3. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).