Land claims in Ontario
50 claims have been accepted for negotiation, 3 are being researched and assessed, and 11 settlement agreements are being implemented.
- Biinjitiwaabik Zaaging Anishinaabek (Rocky Bay)
- Chapleau Cree
- Chapleau Ojibwe
- Eabametoong First Nation
- Flying Post
- Grassy Narrows and Wabauskang
- Lac des Mille Lacs
- Lac La Croix
- Lake of the Woods/ Shoal Lake/ Winnipeg River First Nations
- Mississauga #8
- Mitaanjigamiing (Stanjikoming)
- Mishkosiiminiziibing (Big Grassy River) and Ojibways of Onigaming
The largest land claim being negotiated in Ontario. If successful, it will be the province’s first modern-day treaty.
Did you know?
The Algonquins of Ontario Preliminary Draft Agreement-in-Principle is available for public review.
What you need to know to file a land claim in Ontario.
A guide to help Aboriginal communities prepare land claim submissions to Ontario.
Information about negotiating a land claim in Ontario.