30% Off Ontario Tuition
Money you don't have to repay for students entering an Ontario public college, university or private postsecondary school from high school. If you’ve already applied for OSAP, you’ll be automatically considered for the 30% Off tuition grant, too! For the 2014-2015 academic year::
$1780 for university and college degree students
$820 for college diploma and certificate students
Find out if you're eligible with the 30% Off tuition quiz. Estimated time to complete: 2 minutes
Recommended for you
Call the Ministry of Training, Colleges and University hotline for more information: 1-888-449-4478. It’s open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Am I eligible?
You could be eligible for 30% off tuition, if:
- you’re a full-time student at a public college, university or private postsecondary school in Ontario approved for OSAP
you’ve been out of high school for:
- less than 4 years (or less than 6 years if you have a permanent disability), or
- more than 4 years but less than 5 years and you’re in the 4th or 5th year of an eligible co-op program
- you’re in a program you can apply to directly from high school (e.g., undergraduate level)
- you meet the citizenship and residency requirements
- your parents’ gross income (total before taxes) is $160,000 or less
How to apply
You can apply right now.
Applying for OSAP? Great. You don’t need to apply again. You’ll be automatically considered for 30% Off Ontario Tuition.
Log in to OSAP to check your status and:
- find out if you’re approved
- see if there are things that still have to be done
- get details on your grant
If you’re not applying for OSAP, here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- your Social Insurance Number
- your parent(s) Social Insurance Number(s) (if assigned)
- the amount on Line 150 of your parent(s) 2013 tax return(s) (if they filed taxes in Canada)
- information about your parent(s)’ total gross income (if they didn’t file taxes in Canada)
To apply online, you’ll need to:
- register as a new online user (create a password and get your unique OSAP Access Number) or use your current OSAP Access Number and password to log in
- complete and submit the online application
- print the signature pages of the application (if applicable) – have your parent(s) sign it
- bring or send all required documents to your Financial Aid Office
Applied last year?
You need to apply online again for 2014-15.
2014/15 deadlines for 30% Off Ontario Tuition applications are based on your study period length, study period start date and if you’re in a co-op program.
|Length of study and start date||Deadline to apply|
|12-20 weeks (1 term) starting on or after August 1, 2014||Application received no later than 60 days before your study period end date|
|12-20 weeks (1 term) starting on or after January 1, 2015||Application received by March 1, 2015 or 60 days before your study period end date (whichever is later)|
|21 – 52 weeks (2 – 3 terms)||Application received by March 1, 2015 or 60 days before your study period end date (whichever is later)|
In a Co-op Program?
Only your study terms are eligible for 30% Off Ontario Tuition. Your application deadlines are based on your study terms only.
|Length of study||Deadline to apply|
|Back-to-back study terms for the academic year||Apply once. The 2-3 term deadlines apply.|
|One study term only during the academic year||Apply once. The 1 term deadlines apply.|
|Study terms for the fall and spring/summer terms only||Apply for each term separately. The 1 term deadlines apply. If you missed the deadline for your fall application, contact your financial aid office as you may still be eligible to apply.|
Questions? Contact your financial aid office for complete details.
When will I get my grant?
You will get your grant once:
- all required documents are received and approved,
- your parent’s income is verified with the Canada Revenue Agency, and
- your school confirms that you enrolled
Your school confirms your enrolment before the start of your study period (e.g., in the fall) and again before the start of your second term (e.g., in January).
After that happens, it takes 7 to 10 days for the money to be deposited directly into your bank account or a cheque to be mailed to the address you gave in the application.
If you haven’t received your grant
You should contact your financial aid office if you’ve provided all required documents but not received your grant. You must contact them before your study period ends. You may not receive your funds once your study period is over.
All required documents must be received no later than 40 days before the end of your study period.
Grant review requests must be received no later than 40 days before the end of your study period.
I am a parent, what do I do?
For your child’s 30% Off Ontario Tuition grant application, you’ll need to provide:
- your Social Insurance Number
- the amount on Line 150 of your 2013 Canadian Income Tax return
- your signed consent(s), to contact Canada Revenue Agency to verify your income
No Social Insurance Number or didn’t file taxes in Canada in 2013
Your child can still apply for 30% Off Ontario tuition.
You’ll need to provide documentation about your 2013 total gross income.
What if I already applied for OSAP this academic year?
You don’t need to submit another application.
When you apply for OSAP, you’ll be considered for 30% Off tuition.
Log into your OSAP account to see if there are things you need to do