Change the address on identification cards
How to change the address on your health card, driver's licence, vehicle permit and/or Ontario Outdoors Card at the same time.
Before you start, you need your complete new residential and/or mailing address.
When you update a driver’s licence or vehicle permit, you must also update the address on your health card.
You will need this information:
health card number and version code (if applicable)
- if you have a red and white health card: the postal code on record
- if you have a photo health card: the Canadian citizenship or immigration document (e.g. birth certificate, passport) number used when you applied for the card.
Driver's licence and vehicle permit
- driver's licence number or registrant identification number
- issue date on your driver’s licence.
- Outdoors Card number
- your date of birth.
Online completion time
4 to 6 weeks to receive updated documents.
Recommended for you
This service is tested daily with McAfee SECURE™ to ensure the security of the transaction and information.
What you need to know
By law, you need to update your driver’s licence and vehicle permit within 6 days of a change of address.
You also must update the address on a valid Outdoors Card within 10 days of any change of address.
As soon as you finish your move, you need to change the address on a:
- Ontario Photo Card
- enhanced driver’s licence
- other Ontario government-issued identification documents.