Tiny Ontario New Potatoes take centre stage in a light, creamy, mustard-dill dressing. This easy and hearty meal combines deli convenience with lots of flexibility! Offer favourite pickles, mustard and crusty bread on the side. If you want to use larger potatoes, scrub and cut them into cubes before cooking.
- 1-1/2 lb (750 g) tiny Ontario New Potatoes, unpeeled
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each white vinegar, vegetable oil and Russian-style sweet mustard
- Milk (optional)
- 2 Ontario Green Onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper
- 1 head Ontario Romaine Lettuce, separated into leaves
- 1 pint (500 mL) Ontario Cherry Tomatoes
- 12 oz (375 g) sliced mixed deli meats (e.g., salami, prosciutto and Black Forest ham)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) snipped fresh chives
Steam or simmer potatoes in salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well and set aside to cool slightly.
In large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, oil and mustard; if dressing is too thick whisk in a little milk. Stir in green onions and dill. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add potatoes and toss.
Line 4 dinner plates with Romaine lettuce. Top with warm potato salad, tomatoes, deli meats and cheese. Garnish with chives.
Nutrients per serving
- 32.0 g protein
- 38.0 g fat
- 63.0 g carbohydrates
- 722 calories