White chocolate adds a decadent touch to these simple cookies, which are great for at-home treats or hostess gifts.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 Ontario Egg
- 1-3/4 cups (425 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each nutmeg and baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 Ontario Apple, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped toasted walnuts
- 4 oz (125 g) white chocolate, coarsely chopped
In large bowl, cream butter, sugar and egg until blended. Combine flour, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Stir in chopped apple, walnuts and chocolate. Drop by small spoonfuls, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, onto greased cookie sheets. Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on racks.
- Protein: 1 gram
- Fat: 4 grams
- Carbohydrate: 12 grams
- Calories: 97