This tart would be nice served with an Ontario greenhouse vegetable salad for a spring brunch.
Baking Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 Ontario Shallots, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced Ontario Mushrooms
- 1 lb (500 g) Ontario Asparagus, trimmed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 sheet (225 g) butter puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Ontario Havarti Cheese
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add shallots and mushrooms; cook for 2 minutes. Add asparagus and garlic; cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
Unroll puff pastry and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush mustard over surface. Poke entire surface with fork. Arrange asparagus over pastry and top with mushroom mixture, leaving 1/2-inch (2.5 cm) border; sprinkle with cheese.
Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven 18 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Let stand on sheet on wire rack for 5 minutes before cutting to serve.
1 Serving (When recipe serves 4):
- PROTEIN: 15 grams
- FAT: 32 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 36 grams
- CALORIES: 485
- FIBRE: 4 grams
- SODIUM: 430 mg