This parsley-garlic sauce works well with Ontario rainbow trout, asparagus and even potatoes.
Grilling Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb (500 g) Ontario Asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Ontario Rainbow Trout Fillets (375 g each)
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh Ontario Parsley Leaves
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh Ontario Tarragon Leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
Sauce: In food processor, combine parsley, tarragon, garlic, vinegar, water, red pepper flakes and salt; pulse until coarsely chopped, scraping side of bowl. With machine running, slowly pour in oil until mixture is finely chopped. Set aside.
In bowl, toss asparagus with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil; season with salt and pepper.
Cut each fillet in half; brush flesh side with remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Place asparagus on greased grill over medium-high heat; grill for about 8 minutes, turning once, or until tender. Return to bowl; toss with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the sauce.
Grill trout pieces, skin side down; for about 6 minutes, turning once, or until fish flakes easily with fork. Place on platter, skin side down; spread lightly with sauce. Serve with asparagus and remaining sauce.
- Protein: 38 grams
- Fat: 31 grams
- Carbohydrate: 6 grams
- Calories: 464
- Fibre: 2 grams
- Sodium: 320 mg