Plump, juicy fruit from Ontario fields and orchards score big in this superfast, easy and delicious dessert. For a great finale, serve with a scoop of ice cream.
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced Ontario Pears
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced Ontario Nectarines or Peaches
- 1 cup (250 mL) Ontario Coronation Grapes
- 1 cup (250 mL) Ontario Raspberries
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) coarsely crumbled Amaretti cookies
In large bowl, combine pears, nectarines, grapes, raspberries and brown sugar; spoon onto a small rimmed baking sheet (13 x 9-inch/33 x 23 cm) and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Place on grill over medium heat 350˚F (180˚C); close lid and grill for 6 to 8 minutes or until bubbling.
Tips: To slice pears, cut into quarters, core and slice crosswise.
Amaretti cookies are an Italian almond-flavoured cookie available in some grocery or bulk food and Italian stores. To coarsely crumble cookies, place in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
Nutrients per serving
- Protein: 3.0 grams
- Fat: 7.0 grams
- Carbohydrate: 34.0 grams
- Calories: 207
- Fibre: 3.0 grams